Sunday, April 20, 2014

I leave tomorrow!!

And I think I am finally all set. After thinking about how I was going to arrange every thing in my luggage about a million times (thank you OCD) I finally have both suitcases ready to go. The only question now is am I ready? When I first signed up for this trip I thought it would never get here. Now, it is swiftly approaching. I have never been more excited and nervous about anything in my life. I'm still waiting for it to really sink in that I am about to get on a plane and be gone for three weeks. Three weeks sounds like such a short time and I know it will fly by, but I have never been away from everyone I know for that long. I've traveled across America and to England, but I have always had the comfort of having people I know with me. This time I will be alone in a new place living with people I barely know. Needless to say, I have lots of butterflies right now. I know this will be the experience of a lifetime and I will love my host family, but leaving my family is going to be hard. Honestly, I think I more nervous about the airport than anything else. The only time I have flown was when I went to London. Luckily, I had someone there to take care of everything for me. This time I have to figure it all out on my own. It's a scary thought. These are just all of the thoughts and worries I am experiencing right now as I should be sleeping. I know that once I finally make it Spain I will be fine. I'm looking forward to trying new things and keeping track of all of my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment