Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mountains and Parks

After I returned from Ireland I started to feel extremely homesick, so Carley and I went to the History Museum. Javier informed us that it was free the first Sunday of every month and since we are both broke college kids we took advantage of this opportunity. At the museum we were able to go down to the Roman ruins and get an idea of how the Romans might have lived. Once we left there we found the cultural center to find more ruins. I have always loved history, so I am trying to see and learn as much as possible while I am here.





On Monday, I stayed at home. I had noticed that my feet were really swollen, so I was afraid to go anywhere. I think it was probably the nine hour hike through Howth. Before the night was over, Cristina and I took the mtorbike up Mt. Tibidabo.





It was nice to just stay at the house and spend time with the family.

Tuesday afternoon, Carley and I went to Parc Ciutadella. This is a huge park in the middle of Barcelona. I did not realize this much greenery existed in the city. While walking through we found a gorgeous fountain that we had to stop and stare at for a long time. It was a nice change of scenery.



Wednesday night, I stayed at home to spend time with the family before Cristina left for London. I completed some of my tutoring hours with Javier and Blanca and showed them WKU through Google maps. I really enjoy spending time with them. I am the only one at home right now and I am going crazy.




On Thursday, Ellie, Autumn, Tiffany, Carley, and I made our way up Montjuic. We arrived to the cable car at 7:30, which was 30 minutes after it closed so we began trekking up the mountain. We walked around the park before making our way up to the castle. After hiking around the castle for a while we decided to make our way down to the Magic Fountains for the light show. We made a wrong turn somewhere and still managed to stumble upon everything we wanted to see. We found the Olympic Stadium, the Catalan Art Museum, the 1929 Fair Expo Grounds, and the Magic Fountains. The light show is definitely something everyone should see in Barcelona.

Olympic Stadium
Art Musuem
Magic Fountains Light Show
Bull Ring Mall









No comments:

Post a Comment